Assistive technology company Dolphin have just released a new piece of software aimed at making it easier to get online if you are blind or partially sighted.
The Dolphin GuideConnect is a talking digital assistant that brings email, surfing the internet, social media and entertainment together in one easy to use and easy to see environment. It’s ideal for those who are losing their vision or are partially sighted but can still read print, even though it needs to be large. It’s available to buy for tablets and computers (packages are available) and it will even work on your TV with the GuideConnect TV Box (sold seperately)
Features of GuideConnect
- Simple step-by-step menus help you complete every task
- High contrast large print text, as BIG as your eyes need
- Human sounding voices guide you every step of the way
- Touch, remote, keyboard or mouse access
- The simplest way to write, send and receive email
- Compose letters and print envelopes
- Effortlessly browse the web
- Scan and read your print mail
- Listen to audio books or today’s newspapers
- Maintain a calendar and receive timely reminders
- Tune in to your favourite radio stations
The new software and hardware options are availalbe now from Dolphin’s website and prices start at £545.
Let us know what you think in the comments below.