Microsoft announced this week that it’s popular online communications service, Skype, is now available on Amazon Echo devices. You will be able to make video calls using the Echo Show and Spot and audio calls using the echo and Echo Dot.
Setting up Skype on your Amazon Echo device is quick and easy.
1. Open your Amazon Alexa app.
2. Tap Settings > Communication > Skype.
3. Enter your Skype account information.
4. Give Amazon Alexa permission to access your Skype account.
5. Say “Alexa, Skype Steven Scott,” or “Alexa call 555-555-5555 on Skype.”
It’s important to make sure the person you’re calling has the latest version of Skype.